Disclaimer: I work in Google's Policy Team, developing multistakeholder cooperations for internet governance & policy themes, hence I want to point out that all the opinions and ruminations on this blog are mine, not Google's.


Friday, February 09, 2007

brainfood selection 01

allow me to recommend two wired articles that caught my eye and made me believe technological progress once more:

Apparently (americans please excuse my european ignorance) internet based mobile phone services are already widely available in the States and they make communication decisively cheaper once again. In the wired article they are testing services for around 20$ a month offering unlimited calling some of them even to selected european countries. Unbelieveable but it really seems well talk for a low flat fee with all the world soon.

Also a guy was awarded a patent for a huge 35 m diameter baloon covered by millions of LEDs making the airship the biggest spherical screen ever - check out the pix @
http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/02/video_airship_p.html

No comments: