Disclaimer: I work in Google's Policy Team, developing multistakeholder cooperations for internet governance & policy themes, hence I want to point out that all the opinions and ruminations on this blog are mine, not Google's.


Saturday, September 17, 2005

Sustainability is actually something really cool & desirable

or such is the conclusion of the paper I wrote when I attended a course on Ecology at the United Nations University in Japan.

In the first part the paper basically seeks to develop how the sustainability paradigm is related to and actually is a logical follow-up of the "mature" use of "free will" as put forward by philosophers of the Enlightenment.

In the second part I look into why sustainability has such a moralising and "do i really have to do this" connotation, and I try to bring forward some ideas how to make it more attractive to be/live sustainable.

It was a very enlightening and satisfying work and I am looking forward to re-engage in this area.

You can dowload the paper under www.un-collaboratory.net/Files/Final_UNUIC_Paper_10.doc

As always I am interested in your feedback and ready to discuss.

No comments: