This is a marketing idea for an energy production company, pitched in an open source style under creative commons license. I would be happy to help interested companies with the implementation.
1. The Product
Wind mills have complemented our energy mix for many years. While alternative energy has a very positive intrinsic marketing value, in the best case they are tolerated, but mostly they are perceived negatively as ugly and devaluing the landscape and natural environment.
2. The Idea
What if windmills became art? The energy company responsible for the windmills will have the chance to present itself as innovative, as turning ugly into beautiful, as leading the way into a more humane, a more beautiful future.
Two promising creative elements to consider are color and light. Thanks to the organic shape of most windmills simply coloring them in relation to the landscape context could result in very appealing sights; more spectacular however would be to attach light diodes to them and connect them to a central programming interface which allows to have the lights create firework-like effects across the whole wind-park.
WindArt can be used for positive public relations from the initiation of the project to the inauguration of the artistic wind energy park and if desired, it can be repeated after a certain period.
The PR/Advertisment Campain has the following components:
· Call a competition for artists to propose the transformation of a given windpark into an artistic theme.
· Collect artistic proposals on website for everybody to review
· Have the public and experts evaluate the contestants in stages (from Xà100 à 10 à1,2,3)
· Document the creative transformation of the wind park
· Celebrate the inauguration of the wind art park
· In case of the wind-fire-work lighting effects the ignition can be celebrated every night at a given hour.